Le Cordon Bleu Ottawa Culinary Arts Institute is Canada's only campus for the internationally renowned culinary institution, Le Cordon Bleu. Located in the heart of Canada's capital, its rich history and picturesque scenery make it the perfect place to launch your journey in the culinary arts.
Le Cordon Bleu programs enable our students to develop and master classic techniques of pastry, cuisine or both. Once taught, these techniques can be applied to any world cuisine.
- An internationally recognized school: With over 100 years of teaching experience, Le Cordon Bleu continues to pass on the mastery of the culinary arts.
- World-class French-trained chef instructors: Le Cordon Bleu Ottawa chefs have experience in the finest restaurants, pastry shops and hotels worldwide.
- Hands-on training: In each lesson, you will practice techniques in professional kitchens using the most sophisticated culinary tools and freshest ingredients.
- One-on-one attention: With student to chef ratios of 15-1, you will receive mentorship from the chefs in every class.
- Real-life work experience: Through time spent in the production kitchen, the on-site restaurant, many volunteer opportunities and the internship programs, you will be well prepared when you embark on your successful career.
Grand Diplôme Professionnel: A 10 month program that is comprised of four levels of study. Develop technical skills moving from basic to advanced techniques in cuisine and pastry while earning industry certifications and gaining hands-on work experience.
Grand Diplôme: Earn Le Cordon Bleu’s prominent Grand Diplôme. This program combines the curriculum of both the Cuisine and Pastry programs.
Pastry: Learn the art of French pastry from renowned world class pastry chefs. In this 9 months journey, be inspired to rise to new heights while learning the finest pastry techniques and skills.
Cuisine: Learn the art of French cuisine from a school that is recognized for culinary excellence. Through a 9 months culinary adventure, explore French Cuisine in demonstration classes and hands-on practical sessions.
Life in Ottawa
- Ottawa – the capital of Canada: Ottawa is the power house of Canada, supported by government icons, embassies, high commissions and consulates representing countries from around the world.
- The Great Outdoors: Ottawa is a city of parks and interconnecting rivers and canals. Ottawa is home to over 850 parks, 300 km of bike trails, ski trails and beaches.
- Vibrant Arts and Culture Scene: Ottawa has over 60 festivals annually, including Winterlude, Jazz & Blues Festivals, Dragon Boat Festival and the Tulip Festival.
- Diversity: Ottawa is a large, multicultural city with the warmth and welcome of a small town. It is a mosaic of cultures, architecture and culinary experiences.
My experience in LCB Ottawa is a unique part in my life. The chef instructors taught me culinary techniques and helped me find my style and creativity. After learning many cooking techniques in the Basic and Intermediate, I was able to create and design my own dishes in Superior. Ottawa was the perfect place to learn and grow.
Le Cordon Bleu Ottawa is the best of the best. The courses I took taught me everything about culinary. From the methods of teaching, to the chefs to the modern kitchens to the timely feedback,it was truly an amazing experience.
Institute Type: Private
Year Founded: 1988
Number of campuses: 1
Population of Ottawa: 900,000
Cost of Living: Low
Climate Range: -20 °C to 35 °C
International Annual Tuition (C$):
8,000 - 45,000
International Enrollment: 45%
Countries of Origin: 31 or more
Off Campus Housing Services:
Assistance is provided
Location of Off-campus housing:
Near the campus and well-serviced by several bus routes